We're Looking For a CEO!
I founded The Kitchen in 2020 because of my love for Pickleball and I wanted to share that love with as many fellow Pickleball lovers as possible. In less than three years, we are now the largest pickleball community in the world and the premier media company in the sport. We have gained almost one million followers on social media and reach over 30 million people per month.
I am an entrepreneur at heart and have enjoyed creating a brand that so many in the Pickleball community are a part of. We began monetizing The Kitchen eighteen months ago and in that time I have learned so much in the process, and I’m proud to say turned a healthy profit in 2023.
Now it is time for us to take the next step in our journey and we are seeking an experienced and dedicated Chief Executive Officer with a passion for Pickleball. We need our CEO to work closely with our founders to help us craft and execute the organizational vision in a manner that will optimize the company’s growth. As the senior leader at The Kitchen, we need our CEO to continue to help us foster a positive, inspiring, and collaborative work environment that empowers our employees in our pursuit to continue to establish The Kitchen as THE brand in the pickleball world.
Important Leadership Traits
- Strong leadership ability.
- Strategic mindset.
- Professional business acumen.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Excellent ability to lead and manage.
- Continually drive effective results.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
Requirements and Preferred Qualities
- The number one requirement will be for you to eat, sleep, and breathe pickleball as well as having a whatever it takes attitude to make The Kitchen the leading global pickleball brand. I’m not just looking for a CEO, I’m searching for a kindred spirit, who not only sees the potential of pickleball as a growing sport, but realizes the potential The Kitchen has within the sport.
- Minimum 5 years relevant high-level business experience.
- Ability to train, develop, and manage executive teams.
- Executive presence and ability to maintain calm demeanor in high-stress environments.
- Must either live or be willing to relocate to Austin, TX.
- Plan, develop, implement, and direct the organization’s operational and fiscal function and performance.
- Act as a strategic partner by developing and implementing the company’s plans.
- Analyze and make recommendations on the impact of growth initiatives, planning, and new strategies.
- Provide accurate analysis of budgets, reports, and financial trends.
- Create, improve, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization that will improve operational and financial effectiveness of the company.
- Provide financial guidance and advice to leadership.
- Improve the planning and budgeting process on a continual basis.
- Provide strategic input and leadership decision making issues affecting the organization; specifically relating to the evaluation of potential mergers, acquisitions, or partnerships.
- Act as a strategic advisor and consultant offering advice on contracts, negotiations, or business deals that company may enter into.
- Evaluate company’s financial, operational, and sales and marketing structures to plan for continual improvements and a continual increase of operating efficiencies.
- Attend pickleball events including professional tour events, The Kitchen curated events, business meetings, and more.
- $100,000-$150,000 annual salary.
- Significant equity based on relevant experience.
- Fully paid health, dental and vision insurance.
- Up to 20 days paid vacation/personal days off annually.
- All the free pickleball swag and gear you could want.
- Opportunities to meet not only the stars of the pickleball world, but also hobnob with celebrities we have established relationships with such as Jamie Foxx, Drew Brees, Rob Gronkowski, etc.
- A chance to get owned on the court by me, Jared Paul, aspiring pickleball superstar (currently 4.232 DUPR)!